perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject A new design revision from Allan is online
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 03:27:17 GMT
Allan has prepared a new revision for you to review:
http://perl.apache.org/preview/allan/dst_html

here's a summary

* download widget is now small images that sort of continues
out of the headerline.
* headerline leftside is emphasised with the
fading/sparkling effect [this looks even more cool on search
results i think]
* headerline is smaller height-wise
* apache feather implemented at leftbox
* header floats with menu-top

* changed the menu-boxes slightly so their headers look
slightly seperated from the box.
- this was done only because when you click the first
menu-item it looks bad up to the perl.apache.org title.

* seach box on left slightly more compact and now look the
same [more or less] in all browsers
pleae note that the small search-changes of course are not visible.
thanks

* link colours/styles
- all links in lists are non-underlined and underlined on hover
- changed the red color in the class/rule for 'more' to #993333
instead of 'red' [if we stick to 'red' it should be '#ff0000' IMO]

* camel gif
- put it slightly more to the right to align with the nav-widget

* re-asigned some font-specs where at least ns4 is in doubt
of what to do.

* frontpage
- changed the qoute style as i cannot find a suitable way
that fits all browsers (take it as inspiration). i dont
think we should use the float trick, we only write 2002 ;)

* search results
- changed the <ul>-type indention with <div>-tags to avoid
problem in ns4. the divs are also more controlable
- changed the <dl> so that this it also is non-underlined by
default and underlined on hover.
THESE TWO SMALL CHANGES ARE UNTESTED ........ please try them.

* checked it on ns4/ie5/opera5 - all +2 IMO