perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Klausner <d...@zsi.at>
Subject Re: New Structure
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 08:03:31 GMT
Hi!

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 03:51:03PM +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> I've moved mod_perl_method_handlers.pod into the guide. It's very 1.0
> specific, at least for now.
OK. I don't know enough (i.e. nearly nothing) about mod_perl 2, so it's
rather hard to decide what's to 1.x-ish.

> Now need to validate links, to make sure that nothing is broken
>
> bin/build -fl
>
> I'll do that.
Great.

Some general things I forgot to mention (this where my guidlines for what I
move where..)
- My idea behind all this rearranging was to remove as much redundant
information as possible.
- The mod_perl guide (a.k.a "The Guide") is replaced by perl.apache.org
- Version-specifc stuff goes into the appropiate Documentation-section
- By breaking the big and tightly structred guide up and adding new sections
(e.g. Tutorial) it will be easier in the future to add new documents written
by other people.

Please note that there are still a lot of references to "The Guide" and the
old structure in the docs.

Another issue is that there is documentation
included in the mod_perl distribution (most of which was located in the now
removed FAQ section). I'm not sure if we should include this on the site or
not, and if we do, where.

--
 D_OMM      +---->  http://domm.zsi.at <-----+
 O_xyderkes |       neu:  Arbeitsplatz       |