perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Per Einar Ellefsen <per.ei...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: Moving "related tutorials" to "other documentation"?
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 05:22:21 GMT
At 05:08 24.04.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>>Hi,
>>Now that we've made Offsite docs a DocSet, it feels a little lonely :) I
>>think the "related tutorials" would fit better in the "Other
>>documentation" section, as it relates to both mod_perl 1 and 2.
>>Here's the patch (if you don't want to move world/ to docs/ or other/ or
>>something:
>
>We actually should probably move this off 2.0, so it won't be distributed
>with mod_perl. But before doing that:

Yes, I thought of that too.

>The question is this: are you sure the related tutorials will apply to 1.0
>and 2.0? I think they will be more relevant to 2.0 when people start
>writing them. Since currently we don't have anything but Perrin's
>tutorial, it's hard to tell. I was thinking to ask Jeffrey Baker to
>contribute his DBI performance tutorial. And it's 1.0 oriented, which gives?

A non-issue. These tutorials are more specific to other areas than to
mod_perl direct integration. For example, use of Apache::DBI will probably
not be very different in mod_perl 2. The important part is the techniques,
the API is less important. If there is really a need for it, it isn't a
problem to either change it to mod_perl 2 when that's widespread, or add
notes about how to do it in both.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be