perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Per Einar Ellefsen <per.ei...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: a light reshuffle of pages + improving /index.html
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2002 16:49:27 GMT
At 17:47 21.04.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>Well, I was hoping to add (ok, I've been saying this for some time, but I
>will get to it eventually!):
>>- People behind mod_perl (don't worry, no preferential treatment!)
>>- Link to us (when we get some banners/logos - has anyone taken on that
>>responsibility?)
>>- How to pronounce it :)
>>All in all, something like that.
>
>Just go ahead and bring these up, we will adjust the structure as we add
>new docs. Since I didn't know what are the new docs will be added, I've
>adjusted things for what we have now.
>
>To jump ahead, I think
>
>* we can have 'link to us' button at the bottom of each page, and it can
>go to the about/ which I've deleted for now, or maybe /help. Any better ideas?
>
>* I'm not sure what's the best place to put 'people ahead of mod_perl'
>
>* how to pronounce can probably go to 'Get helped'

Well, I wouldn't think of pronunciation help as something to go in 'Get
Helped'. But ok, this can be discussed when those documents come.

>>>Really? It looks ugly and unprofessional to me. Or may be I'm just tired. :)
>>
>>Well, we do need some introduction. If you want to remove the bold,
>>that's fine, but I thought the words were pretty good.
>
>Well, what I'm trying to say is that start/about.html does pretty much the
>same, no? Bill?

Well, about.html gives a more in-depth introduction. The point of the first
page is to catch the attention of readers. With no first page, people won't
be very interested in coming to look at the rest (ie. if they haven't heard
of mod_perl before).

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be