perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Per Einar Ellefsen <per.ei...@skynet.be>
Subject Still Pod::POM problems
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 21:13:32 GMT

Hi again,

Stas, remember that patch you sent me the other day to test Pod::POM? Well,
I came to think of it (or rather experienced a paragraph missing when
changing things in mod_perl_tunings), =for is broken too.

Look at this:

=for html
A complete configuration example of this technique is provided by
two HTTPD configuration files.

It passed the Pod::POM tests. But nothing shows up in the results! The
reason is that one line-break counts as a space in POD, so that above is
more like

  =for html <p> A complete configuration example of this technique is
provided by two HTTPD configuration files.

So the HTML isn't really passed along to the page. That should really have
been written:

=for html

A complete configuration example of this technique is provided by
two HTTPD configuration files.

But that again gives errors about "spurious '>' at input text ..."

This will have to be fixed (and we can just as well take with us the
=begin/=end at the same time). Have you contacted the author of Pod::POM?

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be