perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From allan <lambre...@inet.uni2.dk>
Subject Re: download
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:11:07 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
> > and if we had further sources, like HTML or whatever the
> > idea on
> > down_ns4.gif would be to let further sources go downwards:
> >
> >                 PDF
> > ------------------
> >                SRC
> >                ETC
> >

> yup, that's good

see enclosed.

> >>Though having a visual distinction between SRC and PDF would help I
> >>think. E.g. using a different color for the fg color?
> >

> > the actual letter-colour you mean?
>
> or anything else, these icons are small and after using the site for a
> while users should be able to download the source or pdf without reading
> the letters on very similar buttons. Think of [prev|up|next], you brain
> doesn't really reads the titles, it now knows that the left edge is
> prev, right is next and the middle is up (at least mine doesn't). I'm
> looking for the same "cognitive" pattern for the download buttons.

ok i couldn't find a proper solution so i have used the
font-color black which isn't so bad i think.
enclosed is a gif doing the principle discussed above.

NOTE.
the header-line is thinner (3px) and i think it really suits
the header making it more compact and obtaining visual
whitespace at the same time ;)

ANOTHER UNRELATED TO SUBJECT NOTE.
i have moved the menu a little bit down to float with the
header. as a side-effect i imagine someone with an
apache-feather in his hands could place it descritely below
our logo and above the menu, centered.