perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From allan <lambre...@inet.uni2.dk>
Subject Re: Italics on My linux machine => frontpage styles
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:17:55 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:

> At 09:51 PM 04/25/02 +0800, allan wrote:
> >>>>

>      don't know if this is will help. please try enclosed index.html and style.css
>
> <<<<
>
> Not really. This is Galeon (same as mozilla)
>
> http://mardy.hank.org:5000/italics2.png
>
> And this is konqueror. Why it looks better I'm not sure. But it's probably using the
defined fonts instead of the style sheet defined fonts.
> http://mardy.hank.org:5000/italics-konqueror.png
>
> If I adjust the fonts in galeon, and instruct it to use those fonts (override the style
sheet) then I can get them to look ok. So for some reason the browser (or style sheet) it
telling it to use the wrong font.

i had a similar problem in ns4. but, when i specifically
defined the font-family in the style-sheet [div.qouation] it
looked better.

a wild shot, please try something like:

a) out-comment the css-line font-style: italic;
b) cut & paste this

<i>"mod_perl is more than CGI scripting on steroids.  It is
a whole new way to create dynamic content by utilizing the
full power of the Apache web server to create stateful
sessions, customized user authentication systems, smart
proxies and much more.  Yet, magically, your old CGI scripts
will continue to work and work very fast indeed.  With
mod_perl you give up nothing and gain so much!"</i>

./allan