perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: redoing the shortcuts feature
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:34:20 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:
> At 10:33 PM 04/23/02 +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>I was thinking that we need more shortcuts, and we need two groups: 1.x
>>and 2.x. Which means that the shortcuts menu will be too big. I'm
>>thinking to move the shortcuts into a dedicated document and link to it
>
>>from the main menu. The drawback is that one will need to click twice to
>
>>get to the wanted place (instead of once), though we will be able to
>>provide more shortcuts and more nicerly organized.
>

> It would be nice if they stay on the main page.  They aren't really short
> cuts if you have to go down a level to get to them.
>
> Are you saying the list would be too long, or too wide?

we need at least:

mail archive
guide 1.x
reporting problems 1.x (aka SUPPORT)
install 2.x (getwet for 2.x)
reporting problems 2.x

and more will be coming as the usage pattern of modperl will change, so
we unnecessary restrict ourselves.

The point of ShortCuts is avoid "thinkin" and "searchin", those will
still be shortcuts, but you will get them from the known place. IMHO,
it'll work all the same and we will be able to give better quality
shortcuts.

>>I'm also thinking of generating an automatic sitemap.
>
> That would be nice.  I don't use them often, but they seem popular.

ok