perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: New search button
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:03:08 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:
> At 12:07 AM 04/23/02 +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>I did so, the ads are doing that: class="img-border" is probably what
>>you want:
>

> I tried that on both the <input> and the <td> tags.  Doesn't work.

This page seems to talk about image button submits, it says to use border=0.
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/imagebutton.html#tech

This page says the same:
http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/html/tagpages/i/inputimage.htm#tips

I guess just leave it with the border in NS4.

>>I said my opinion long time ago. I prefer the search on the top where it
>>all plays dandy. If you guys prefer it on the left side, please help
>>Bill to figure out how to make it nice.
>

> We can also try *no* button.  Although I thought we had a discussion about
> why that wouldn't work.

Then people will complain "where is the search button". What's intuitive
to us, not intuitive for everyone.

> I'd like to get the sidebar search to work and be done with it.  Although I
> like the search at the top, I only like it at the top when other things are
> changed that nobody else like.

May be with your new idea of the header, it will work better on the top?
I also suggested to use the bar you used under the header, above it as well.