perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: What is mod_perl
Date Sat, 20 Apr 2002 05:19:47 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:
> At 12:53 PM 04/20/02 +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>"Gain access to all request stages" the "all" word looks weirdly
>>formatted
>

> Agreed.  I meant to remove those.

cool!

>>But what about the consistency with other pages. I don't think it's a
>>good idea to use a lot of space on one page but not on the others.
>

> Yes, but it's too much work to fix the others. ;)
>
> I'd really like to save the About section for first time visitors.  They
> need extra special handling, like more white space to make them feel
> comfortable.  (Like kids in a strange place, they need a safe place to
> run.)  So I think it's ok to format a bit differently.
>
> When they get hooked after reading the About section then they can dive
> into the meat of the site where the information is a bit more dense.

sure, agreed!

> Can't I have a little extra white space?

[redundant white space snippet] :)

>>Didn't I tell that? It's tonight, so hurry up with all the last moment
>>patches.
>

> Whew.  I thought it was tonight my time zone.

Since Bill and I are always making sure that someone is up when the
other sleeps, we have a shifting definition of 'tonight'. Tonight is the
night, baby!

>>We should finish the search issue and then cleanup the TODO list, then
>>do a preview announcement, give a few weeks for people to ponder on the
>>new site and solve problems with various browsers.
>

> I hope someone can come up with a better search box layout.  It's kind of
> ugly now.

What if we move the search box on the top into the navbar? it'll look
better I think. print int rand(2) ? ":)" : ":(";