perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Argh! (was Re: Search box at top)
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 04:43:37 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:

>>>We tried moving the navigation and search above the title bar.  Didn't
>>
> work.
>
>>What if we move the title after the navigation?
>

> Isn't that the same as moving the nav above the title? ;)

nope, to do this you have to lift a much harder object, which can be bad
for your back. :)

>>You cannot put 'go' next to the input field, did you check NS4? it's
>>f**ked up.
>

> Hum, I attached an NS4.0 image running on Windows.  It's different on Linux?

yup, it's broken. See the attachment.

> So of those three pages I listed, Stas, what's your choice now?

I don't know now. Whichever you prefer Bill, just please don't change the
buttons at this stage. And if you go with the sidebar, the Go button
should go down it doesn't work with NS4/linux.

I think that the search on top, will help us with the Advanced Search
page where the advanced form could be at the bottom and used only when
needed. So we can continue using the basic search most of the time.
I'm talking about http://hank.org:5000/test1/docs/index.html
It also allows us to have a bigger input window.
Anybody has dice handy? :)