perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Search box at top
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 16:26:32 GMT
Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
> At 17:36 18.04.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> > We are all going to have personal opinions, and favor things we
>> worked > on.I like more white space, simple, plain text instead of
>> buttons
>> > (e.g. simple prev text instead of [prev] button).  But someone has to
>> > make a decision. I don't really care which way.
>>
>> Well, I suggest that we try Bill's solution and if it's unacceptable
>> we will go back to the left box. We are using cvs after all. Does it
>> sound good?
>

> +1. I feel this is going to be a big discussion topic on this list.

cool, so Bill let's do it.

Allan, don't worry we have everything under cvs control. So if we want
to revert back it's just a matter of a few minutes.

Though Bill, please tag the repository before you commit the changes, so
it'll be easier to revert if need to later.

% cvs tag PRERELEASE_01

Thanks!

>>> to get confused.  I do think the site could use a tiny bit more color,
>>> which is something people will see.  Don't want people to think
>>> mod_perl is
>>> dull ;)
>>

>> Hey, I didn't suggest to use ASF colors. I'm fine to use a complete
>> different set of colours.
>> Come up with a more alive colors and we will go with these. We want
>> the best for mod_perl,
>> we have no obligation to use ASF colors, which is not even an
>> endorsement from ASF.
>

> -1000. Please don't even think of any such drastic changes right now. We
> have a great design and I think it should stay as-is (looks much better
> than the ASF site IMHO).

I wasn't trying to suggest a drastic change. I was just suggesting to
use less strong colours.
e.g. lighter shades of grey for the bg.