perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: People behind mod_perl and question about 2.0 docs
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:20:27 GMT
Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Two things:
>
> - For the "People behind mod_perl" section, who should be mentioned?
> Doug is a given, Stas too, but I guess there are so many more I don't
> know about.. From the top of my head, I'd say Eric Cholet, Ask Bjørn
> Hansen (?) .... I'm not really sure.
> We'll need pictures (I found some from the mod_perl BOF, but maybe they
> aren't very representative), and descriptions (like how he came to
> mod_perl, what he does, etc..). Maybe if those who consider themselves
> fit to appear in that section could contribute some info about themselves?

I think this is too dangerous. How are you going to decide who has
contributed enough to be included in the venerable list of those "behind
mod_perl". Somebody will feel left out and it's a pity.

I suggest we simply say developed by Doug MacEachern with help from
numerous other developers too many to list here.

On the other hand there is this very outdated file: modperl/CREDITS,
which if brought up to date could serve as such a document. Here you
don't have a problem, you list everybody who has helped, and give some
more description to those who has contibuted significantly more.

> - About the 2.0 docs: should they be edited in-place or is there
> somewhere else they should be taken from (i.e. is this the main
> repository for them or is it the modperl-2.0 one?)

It's very simple, when you checkout modperl-2.0
modperl-docs/src/docs/2.0 are
checked out as modperl-2.0/docs, so they are the same docs. Very cool
IMHO. One
source, zero hassle.

We should do the same for 1.0.

How does this work? This is a cvs magick:

% cat CVSROOT/modules
apachetest-alias   -d Apache-Test httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test
modperl-docs-alias -d docs modperl-docs/src/docs/2.0/
modperl-2.0        modperl-2.0 &apachetest-alias &modperl-docs-alias