perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: the header feature
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:03:23 GMT

> What I think: I like numbers, but your logic there is right. But I'm not
> very OK about the link-to-TOC function either. Generally I like to stay
> away from internal linking as I get lost pretty fast. I prefer using my
> own navigation with PageUp/PageDown, Home, etc...

Well, the feature that I've added is subtle and doesn't change your ways
(it's not obvious that headers are links). The more I use it the more I
find it useful.

BTW, I like numbers too. I just think they will bring more trouble than
they are designed to solve.

> I started this discussion, but I feel like we won't be going anywhere. I
> would suggest we keep it as-is, and try to move on. If we get complaints
> later on, we can have a new discussion.

sounds good to me.

Notice that perl.apache.org and Search headers in the menu are linked now
too, subliminaly :)