perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject the latest version of the site
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2002 15:55:47 GMT
Check out the latest version of the site. It includes various tunings
from Allan and a few things that I've added recently (watch the cvs
commits), including the favicon.ico.

http://perl.apache.org/preview/modperl-docs/dst_html

You can try the alternative solution to what we have discussed with
Allan regarding the titles linking back to their parents. Allan's
solution was cool, but the problem was that we couldn't make it
consistent with HTML pages, without messing up with HTML parser and then
making sure that all HTML pages have perfect headers nesting (e.g. no h2
coming before h1, etc.).
The other problem was that once you were clicking on 1.4.8 you had to
switch to the browsers back button to get back to where you were.

I think I've found a solution that solves all these problems:

1. it doesn't change the look and feel (so we are still consistent with
HTML source pages)

2. Each header links to itself's entry in the TOC, so if you want to
jump to the parent or kids, just click on the title. You want to go
back, click again on the entry in the TOC. So now in addition to the TOC
button, the headers bring you to the toc too, but position you exactly
at their own entry.

Tell me if it satisfies you too.