perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From allan <lambre...@inet.uni2.dk>
Subject Re: alternative logo solution Re: modperl site status/road map
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 16:27:47 GMT
i should keep quiet but i can't because i feel strongly
against these.

stas and jonathan,

nice try both of you but i think your images misses one of
the points as beeing a logo.

stas' image: to me there's no underscore at all - just an
underline in two colours. so in that sense its pointless,
sorry for sounding harsh :)
jonathan's image: i think the underscore resembles the red
cross logo just in gray-blue and therefore noisier.

one of the very nice things about the winning logo is its
"cleanliness" - there's no noise at all, it's well-balanced
and the colours /black/gray/blue are perfect on a white
background. if you stare at it you won't notice or feel any
disturbabces at all - the same cannot be said about your
efforts IMO. i have also tried myself but gave up, i think
the logo was (or look like it was) designed by a
proffesional designer (though i don't know).

./allan