perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Moseley <mose...@hank.org>
Subject Re: download
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 16:00:47 GMT
At 11:18 AM 04/26/02 +0800, allan wrote:
>have been looking at the download "widget".
>
>enclosed is three gifs, one is shot at the opera,  another
>at netscape4 and one at internet explorer5 - all macintosh.
>
>maybe too dressy?

I think so.  But that's just my opinion.  Which is: Keep things simple.
Why add something to draw attention away from the content?  You are just
adding eye candy, which is fine, but I don't think it adds any function
that's not already there.

Very few people will use the src link in the daily use of the site, so why
make it such a prominent feature?  Making a reasonably dark, block-like
objects on the right will draw the eye there.

I also don't think that "pdf" or "src" or "pdf | src" is confusing since
they are in different locations, nor does the shift doesn't bother me.
Especially since they are such a small feature.  Making them little icons
doesn't necessarily tell people they are links.

I was going to suggest that some link style is applied to pdf|src, but I
wanted to see it before suggesting it.

Of the three images I like IE far better than the others.

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org