perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From "Jonathan M. Hollin" <netmas...@digital-word.com>
Subject RE: Fwd: Re: cvs commit: modperl-docs TODO
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 19:07:28 GMT
>Hum, what about two different sections?  One for the current
>success stories and another place to post articles (short
>little "how to" or "how I solve this problem", or "how to do
>foo with mod_perl"?)  Perrin's article is somewhat in between.

Yes, I was thinking along these lines too.  There's Perrin's and the
Salon.com article which both illustrate well mod_perl's power and
scalability.  Salon still uses the mod_perl setup their paper describes,
but I don't think eToys does.  Now we have a "Sites Running mod_perl"
section and we also have a "Success Stories" section.  Surely the eToys
paper belongs in *success*?  I'm certain that it shouldn't be in the
former section, which should just describe sites using mod_perl *today*.

Perrin's offer of HTML, POD and PDF versions of his paper (with
illustrations) should be accepted for certain.  Maybe this is for purely
selfish reasons but one thing's for certain - I'll do better with
potential clients with these documents than I would without!

Jonathan M. Hollin - WYPUG Co-ordinator

West Yorkshire Perl User Group
http://wypug.pm.org/
http://wypug.digital-word.com/