perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From "Jonathan M. Hollin" <netmas...@digital-word.com>
Subject Grammar Advisory
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 21:48:58 GMT
Re:  http://perl.apache.org/preview/modperl-docs/dst_html/index.html

A comma (,) should never precede the word "and".

The paragraph:

Technologie Extraordinaire
We have lots of great success reports from people using mod_perl,
including world-wide statistics no mod_perl usage.

should read:

Technologie Extraordinaire
We have lots of great success stories from people using mod_perl,
including world-wide statistics on mod_perl usage.

The paragraph:

Download
Get Source and Binary mod_perl distributions and additional Perl Modules

has capitalisation overdone (IMHO):

Download
Get source and binary mod_perl distributions and additional Perl modules

The paragraph:

Getting Help
Solve your mod_perl problems: with help of mod_perl mailing lists,
mod_perl training company or a commercial support company. Find an ISP
providing mod_perl services.

should read:

Getting Help
Solve your mod_perl problems: with the help of the mod_perl mailing
lists, a mod_perl training company or a commercial support company. Find
an ISP providing mod_perl services.

The paragraph:

Mailing Lists
mod_perl and related projects mailing lists

"projects" has ownership over "mailing lists" in this context so:

Mailing Lists
mod_perl and related projects' mailing lists

or

Mailing Lists
mod_perl and related project mailing lists

I'll post more as I find them.

Jonathan M. Hollin - WYPUG Co-ordinator

West Yorkshire Perl User Group
http://wypug.pm.org/