perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Per Einar Ellefsen <per.ei...@skynet.be>
Subject Link problems
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2002 11:05:53 GMT

Hia agin everyone.

Pod has a big problem: linking is horrible. I knowyou already know about
this, but we have to correct these problems in some way. I'd gladly do it,
if someone tells me where to correct it.

What is needed:
- off site links, of the form L<some site|http://....>
- relative links, URL form: L<the search|../search/swish.cgi>
- being able to link to index pages:  from guide/help.pod, being able to
link to guide/index.html when it's created( for example with L<the
guide|guide> or L<the guide|docs::1.0::guide>)
- probably something else I don't remember.

I hit into this problem because in the guide/help.pod page, we link to the
guide, to the faqs, etc... but it's pretty hard doing that right now.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be