perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: new logo top
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:29:58 GMT
allan wrote:
> hi
>
> please feedback on the enclosed gifs which are both
> snapshots from local html in opera 5 (for a change).

both look neat

> because i dont have the source format of the logo things may
> look a bit ugly but please focus on concept.
> *new_logo_curve_op5_mac.gif
>
> this introduces a new idea, because there are some problems
> with the new logo's use of gray in the wording "mod" and our
> background-image which uses a similar gray. so i skipped the
> gray from the background and tried to "pep" up the feeling
> of a menu area seperated from a content area using that
> little curve at the top.

the question is whether the curve on the first one will render properly
everywhere.

> i also had the idea to put in a very small apache-feather
> bend with the curve, but that is probably over the top :)

that would be cool. hmm, may be if the camel comes at the top of the
page we can tackle the feather somewhere in the bottom? e.g. the left
bottom corner?

> *new_logo_graybg_op5_mac.gif
> this also deals with the fact that we use almost the same
> gray as the new logo, so i simply took the liberty to
> replace the gray lettering of "mod" to white.

that seems ok to me. we can revert colours to adjust to the bg.