perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From allan <lambre...@inet.uni2.dk>
Subject Re: the latest design preview
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 05:09:37 GMT
"Randal L. Schwartz" wrote:

> Stas> Here is the latest Allan's version:
> Stas> http://perl.apache.org/preview/allan/dst_html/

> And the whole thing is totally unusable in the current iCab release
> (www.iCab.de).

i wouldn't call it unusable.
granted, it doesn't look very good. if you try to imagine we
didn't have the body background image (which is the one
creating the gray left margin) and we just had a normal
white background it would be pretty close to a solution in
ns4 with stylesheets turned off. ie, first you have the menu
and all the leftbox boxes and then all the content,
perfectly readable (though not particular user friendly).

icab is a very decent browser i think, but icab and many
other browsers simply don't support many of the features in
css, which we have decided to use from the beginning of the design-work.

./allan