perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Moseley <mose...@hank.org>
Subject Re: search widget
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:02:14 GMT
At 05:51 PM 03/26/02 +0100, Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>>Oh, we can link the 'Search' title to the 'Advanced search'
>>The less items we have on the menu the better.
>
>+1 on that: we still need a link to the search page as it does have some
>features someone might need, and it's not intuitive having to search for
>nothing to get to the advanced options.

How about in the search box a link in small type "advanced search"?

I never really though of the swish.cgi page as an "advanced" search, rather
that the search boxes on the other pages were just short-cuts to going to
Search and typing in a query.

I also imagined it more like you search, then, if you like, you can adjust
your search once you see the initial results.

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org