perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Moseley <mose...@hank.org>
Subject Re: logo_top - blend - camel - curve
Date Sun, 31 Mar 2002 22:35:29 GMT
On Sun, 31 Mar 2002 18:22:43 +0800 allan wrote:

My +1 is for the first curved line without the gray background.  I think
the idea of the sidebar background was to separate the content from the
menus, but not there's that curved line, so the line is enough to make
that separation.  To me it looks cleaner without the background.

But they both look fine.

> * feather debate
> it would be cool somehow to integrate the apache feather in
> the logo area. i thought maybe bend it with the curve
> leading to the breadcrumb - i'm not capable of doing that.
> anyone like to try?

I don't think that a new design needs to incorporate every part of the
old design.

Your use of the camel off to the side is clever and fun.  If the feather
doesn't fit, the that's fine.  I think people will get the Apache
connection.  I wouldn't force it in some place just for the sake of
having it.  I don't like the idea of too many competing logos.

--
Bill Moseley