perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: frontpage
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:17:39 GMT
allan wrote:

>>IMHO, a page with only boxes as the original creator did is much cleaner
>>and simpler. It's like a cover of the book, with the TOC and navigation
>>following the cover.
>>

> i agree that it is cleaner and nicer. maybe im just fed up
> with "intro-pages" that happened a lot a few years back.

;)

> what i do like about the gif i sent where the boxes are
> inside our shell is:
>
> - first of all it is way different from the rest of the site
> hence the "/index.html"  is easily recognizable from the
> other content. having the same shell makes it similar to
> the rest of the site so i dont find it really inconsistent.
> - i really like the idea of the boxes, square is nicest but
> even non-sqaures; it gives the impression of something
> modular, which in our case is quite convenient, no?
> - on top of that theres the colors which are "our" colours
> so you know what you go into when you enter.

I think that most people won't use the front page at all, other than
passing through, since the navigation allows you to go everywhere
without passing through the front page.

I say that it's the content that matters, and not how fancy the
frontpage is. Of course clean and easy navigation is important, but that
has nothing to do with fancy ;)

> but lets leave it as it is ...

;)