perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From allan <lambre...@inet.uni2.dk>
Subject Re: frontpage
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:44:35 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

> allan wrote:
> > hi
> >
> > is it agreed/decided that the frontpage contain all the
> > links to the sub-dirs just like the menu?
>
> I think so. You forget that the links aren't duplicates of the menu.
> Since they all come with the abstracts, which the menu doesn't have.

no, i am aware of that. i just think on this page less is more

> > i can not see any reason for doing this. in fact i would
> > prefer whitespace instead of those links.
> >

> > does anybody have any spicy ideas?
>
> It seems very consistent to me. What spice do you miss?

by spice i think of it as a delicious frontpage. i know we
had this discussion before. i just happen to like a nice
elegant no-confusing entry to a site. many commercial sites
and "docu-sites" simply have too much information for their
own good IMO. its not so bad with ours, but like i mentioned
i nanither mail it would be nicer with just some explaniton
paragraphs instead of all those ugly and repeating links.