perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: the search is working now
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:22:23 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:

>>>Easy.  Add to search/search.tt
>>>

> Ah, that's right.  That's one reason why I was suggesting that the final
> site is built with ttree instead of DocSet. ;)
>
> searchresults.tmpl is built when DocSet is running.  Maybe DocSet could use
> a feature like TT's [% META %] to set processing control directives in the
> source files?  Since DocSet uses TT would be handy if there was some meta
> syntax for setting template vars.

That will require processing of the bodies, which may include TT directives
in code examples which will ruin them. Currently the converted sources
aren't
processed by TT, but included as is.

It'd be a mistake to make the source document depend on the DocSet
implementation.
The doc writers should only escape POD sequences, not things like TT
directives
in examples.
Any other ideas?