perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: latest CVS version
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 16:12:04 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

>>> 2. change the page_no*gif to be completely transparent, so when one
>>> of the pages is not there, the user won't see any image at all.
>>> Though I do
>>
>> +1
>>
>> the empty boxes look a little bit strange, if you don't know what they
>> are
>> there for (and you cannot know that if you look at the page the first
>> time,
>> starting with the first page.) So I'd say we use invisble images when
>> there
>> is nothing to display.
>

> OK, will change these.

completely empty boxes look awful, especially if there is only 'up'.
Therefore I've committed a merge of both. The home page has one big
transparent placeholder. The rest of the pages as before (i.e. if there
is no link, there is an box with only borders.

This still looks good as before, plus doesn't look weird on the front page.

Actually what do you think about not displaying the localnavbar at all
on the home page? The PDF is useless there, and the search doesn't look
good without the ballancing prev|next widget. There is a Search entry in
the menu... I don't know...