perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: search
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 04:43:52 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

> allan wrote:
>> im not sure if search is going to be implemented in the
>> first run of the new site.
> yes, thanks to Bill Moseley it'll be implemented in thef first run. In
> fact it's already implemented. But we need to work on it some more when
> Bill comes back from his vacation.
>> anyway, attacheed here is a screenshot from ie5/mac
>> containing a widget that was done in pure html (with no use
>> of space-gifs) (it actually looks better in ns4 and slightly
>> worse in opera5).
>> maybe this suggestion is not very intuitive for a user, but
>> it sits pretty ok left-aligned in the invisble top-bar with
>> the prev|up|next widget right-aligned.
>> what do you folks think?
> Heh, Allan, please start working with cvs. It's already implemented
> exactly the way you suggest ;)
> I've committed lots of changes recently, but I cannot update the online
> demo all the time, since some sw elements are still missing from
> and I cannot upload these huge tars all the time.
> Please update your cvs version and you will see the latest version.

Doh! My apologies to Allan, as I didn't have enough coffee and missed to
see the difference in Allan's suggestion ;( Allan's search widget is
definitely better ;)

BTW, does it still work the same way? i.e. you don't have to click on
the search button to submit the form...?

Stas Bekman             JAm_pH      --   Just Another mod_perl Hacker      mod_perl Guide

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message