perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Moseley <mose...@hank.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: perl filters for swish-e]
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 01:54:30 GMT
At 09:41 AM 02/22/02 +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>>>Is that doable? If that is, will that solve our problem?
>>>

>> It's doable, but I'm not sure if it solves the problem ;)
>
>why not?

I think too much junk will be returned that is not perl code, but just
punctuation.  Have to see what happens.

I'm still not sure how to index -- that is, what characters to say are
allowable in words.

I suppose you want more indexed than just the example code blocks, that is,
if $| is in text then it should be indexed, right?

>> The other option would be on the results page to have a check box:
>>
>>       _ I'm searching for perl code
>
>I guess that if we won't be able to handle it altogether, this is the
>way to go.

>But ideally we should a single smart search.

Try compiling the query to see if it's perl code?  Eh, maybe not such a
safe thing ;).

I think most people searching for perl code can handle dealing with a check
box.

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org