perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject yet another site's version
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:37:47 GMT
OK here is the new site
http://www.apache.org/~stas/modperl-site/stories/index.html
based on DocSet-0.10:
http://www.apache.org/~stas/DocSet-0.10.tar.gz

the old sites are here:
http://www.apache.org/~stas/modperl-site-old
http://www.apache.org/~stas/modperl-site-old-old

Changes:
   - improving the link template to strip /./ from ././../
   - imporving the template layout and naming
   - start using the new bg image
   - introduce a wrapper wrap_box for the boxes on the left side
   - html source pages now can define a description in the <META> container
   - fix a bug where hidden chapters were added to the generated PDFs.
   - <PRE> sections are now rendered correctly in NS4 on linux

I've tried the new look-n-feel as presented by Thomas. Plus I've tried
to en-box the items on the left with minimal HTML (one table). If it's
not cool, it's very easy to change things back. just remove the html
from box_wrap template.

Also added the titles to the boxes on the left. Feel free to improve the
colors.

It looks very slick in mozilla, opera and konqueror on linux.

Unfortunately once I've added the table wrap to the ads, Netscape 4.79
started crushing with 'Bus Error' :( It works OK with one ad, but with 3
it crashes. Any ideas why?

Also I cannot figure out why the same box with ads, doesn't get aligned
as boxes on the top. It's shifted left.

If this design is accepted, I'd like to change the right context box not
to be a box. But to take whatever is needed to the right. Try this URI:
http://www.apache.org/~stas/modperl-site/docs/2.0/devel/testing/testing.html#Request_and_Response_Methods

now shrink the page's width and scroll a bit down to the long <PRE>
sections. You will see that it slides over the box. If there was no box,
it'll look normal.