perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: another menu ...
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:19:04 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:

> I agree it's tough.  Ok, maybe biased toward other technologies ;)  Imagine
> you know nothing about mod_perl or PHP or Java or whatever.  It would be,
> eh, refreshing to find on the mod_perl site something saying telling you
> that you don't need mod_perl if you are only want to build a simple but
> fast site.  PHP is great and popular but may not scale like mod_perl and
> doesn't give anytyhing besides content handling.  Something like that.
> Like going into a store and instead of telling you they have what you want,
> they tell you that maybe the store next door has something better for your
> needs.
>
> Is that Silly?

not, it's smart. really. it's just that it's hard to make it right.

>>::       a example of a handler (which can be done in a <perl> section)
>>
>>-1
>>redundant... surely?  There's enough documentation for this already.
>>

> Ok, point to Take23's into.  But I think someone going to the mod_perl site
> might expect to find a simple tutorial.  I'm talking about showing how to
> get a content handler to work in about three or four paragraphs.  Something
> that makes someone thing "Gee, that's easy, I can do that."

see above, if you think you know how to make it right send in the
patches and we will try to make it right.  If you can make a concise doc
covering the basics and we can stop there, it'd be great. But I don't
think it's easily do-able. that's why you should try, if you think you
know-how.

> I'm have to pack for skiing now.

have fun! :)