perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: another menu ...
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 01:49:27 GMT
Thomas Klausner wrote:

> Hi!
>
> How do you like this menu:
> http://domm.zsi.at/modperl-site-domm/products/products.html
>
> It seems to work on Mozilla, Opera and IE 5 (Win) and sort of work
> (allthough not perfect) on NS4 (see
> http://domm.zsi.at/modperl-site-domm/ns4.gif
> for a screenshot)
>
> Please mind that this ides is only implemented on the above mentioned URL,
> the other pages are missing the white border ...
>
> This idea also won't work on a light background, but on the other hand it
> would only need some minor fiddling to get it work (pack the menu in a dark
> bg box ...).

What can I say, I like very much your original menu, but it doesn't
render properly in broken browsers. Not so much this one. Shell we go
with tables for the menu?

BTW, nobody has responded on my idea on using a whole length column of a
different background for the left items. Then we don't need to use a
special background. Like on this site:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/

Is it a bad idea?