perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: next try
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:50:40 GMT
Thomas Klausner wrote:

>>Also can we get rid of fixed size here? Or is it not possible?
>>
> It's definitly possible. The fixed size here was introduced by me to get at
> least the menu font-sizes the same on IE/Win and the rest (remember the
> problem with the big base font sizes of IE/Win)

Yup. So it's not possible. But you say that it is?

>>- should there be some hr or just more space between the last [top]
>>image, the navbar and the tail at the bottom of the pages?
>>
> definitly, but more space instead of a hr.
>
> What about making a differnt navbar_local for the bottom of the page,
> excluding the download widget? It seems misplaced down there to me.

sure, navbar_local_top and navbar_local_bottom

>>Also there is no consistency, the index.html pages have the tail as a
>>separate box, whereas on all other pages it's glued to the body.
>>
> Strange. I see it in a different box with all browsers I have access to.

Right, on almost all pages but at least it doesn't on this one:
http://domm.zsi.at/modperl-site-domm/docs/2.0/devel/testing/testing.html

>>- please try to avoid using real \t in style.css and other docs.
>>
> ah, yes, I'll have to teach emacs to use *.css files properly...

I think you could make it global, I've the setting for cperl-mode,

.xemacs/custom.el:
  (custom-set-variables
     '(cperl-indent-level 4)
     '(cperl-continued-statement-offset 4)
     '(cperl-tab-always-indent t)
     '(indent-tabs-mode nil)
  )

what would be the syntax for making it for all modes?