perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: new functionality added
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:13:37 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

> Philip Mak wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 02:41:10AM +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>>
>>> Here is the new version of the site:
>>> http://www.apache.org/~stas/modperl-site/index.html
>>>

>> One thing I noticed on this page:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/~stas/modperl-site/stories/index.html
>>
>> The "Extraordinaire Technologie" menu option is clickable and just
>> leads back to the exact same page. I think that in this sort of case,
>> it should not be clickable in order to avoid confusion.

> Good catch, will be fixed.

I've first fixed it, but than reverted it back. I'm not sure which
solution is the best.

The thing is that the top level menu, provides the access to the first
sub level. So if you are deep down the 'documentation' tree clicking on
the menu's 'Documentation' button will bring you to the root of the
documentation. In addition to the breadcrumb. I think many people will
try clicking on this entry. What do you think?

The fix is very simply, but I'm not sure if we want this to be fixed.