perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Content patch
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2002 04:32:39 GMT
Thomas Klausner wrote:

> I did some small changes on the content:
> * removed "This is a really cool demo"
> * removed doubled <ul> in about that caused some display problems
> * changed download abstract to:
>   Get Source and Binary mod_perl distributions and additional Perl Modules
> * changed extr. tech abstract to:
>   Read reports from people using mod_perl
> (and also in make.pl )

Thanks! committed.

> * I tried to add a abstract to about, but there was one there already. Stas,
> do you know why this abstract won't get printed?

It's because src/config.cfg links directly to about/about.html, and not src/about/config.cfg.

I've just removed src/about/config.cfg so it won't confuse people.

Once we have more pages for the about link, we could make it into a
docset. If we do it now, what happens is that when you click on About in
the menu, you get to another sub-menu, which is silly with only one item
on this sub-menu.

Though, the DocSet should be able to extract descriptions from src HTML pages as well, now
about.html starts like this:

    <head>
      <title>About</title>
    </head>

I'll add the extraction functionality asap, we do have it already in the POD docs.