perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject [Fwd: Re: a new design from Allan]
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:58:39 GMT
Thomas Klausner wrote:

 > Hi!
 >

 >>please find with this mail two attached gifs (i cannot ftp,
 >>sorry). please see if you like the _idea_ within with regard
 >>to the toolbar items
 >>
 > Looks very nice IMO.
 >
 > I like Picture_2.gif better, because in Picrure_3 the download widget
 > looks a little bit lost.
 >
 > Why is the prev/next widget above the title?
 > I think it fits better where it was before.
 >
 > How about using the TOC/Search bar as in Picture_3, but aligning
 > the download wiget to the left, and putting the Prev/next widget
where the
 > download widget was, like so:
 >
 > breadcrumb
 > title
 > downlowd     prev/next
 > TOC          search

or may be:

breadcrumb
title
TOC search download prev/next

or even kill the 'table of contents' title completely?

Remember that we shouldn't try to ballance the search widget with
anything, because we don't have the search. So it will be hidden in the
templates til we have the search. So it should be removed added without
unballancing the site.

 > I think the yellow background might be to light to show on systems with
 > not enough colors or LCD displays. At least I couldn't see it on my
laptop
 > but here in the office I can see the color using a standard monitor.

the same here, I could see it my laptop's LCD but not on my desktop's LCD.

 > BTW, I won't be able to /do/ anyting until the evening (BTW, I'm in CET
 > (Vienna, Austria, that is), where are you guys located, anyway?), because
 > I should get some work done. D'oh.

Allan in Vietnam, me in Singapore.