perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: new functionality added
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 03:40:21 GMT
Philip Mak wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 03:09:20AM +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>BTW, did you try to grabbing any of the PDF files? (Look for [PDF] links
>> under the Table of Contents section (not the fancy icons, didn't
>>integrate these yet). Does it display the doc immediately, or do you
>>have to save it first, ungzip and then view? I think I used to be able
>>to click on pdf.gz link and get it immediately viewed, for some reason
>>this doesn't work anymore. Anyone?
>>

> I just tried the PDF link from
> http://www.apache.org/~stas/modperl-site/index.html in Opera 6.0 under
> Windows 98. Acrobat Reader opens up automatically, but then it says:
>
> There was an error opening this document. File does not begin with
> '%PDF-'.
>
> I'm guessing that Acrobat Reader was called correctly, but it was
> given the .pdf.gz instead of the .pdf.

The same here. The browser is configured to open .pdf files in acroread
or xpdf, but it also strips .gz and supposed to uncompress it first.
Could be a problem of acroread, not being able to read stream.

BTW, can you please try this one:
http://perl.apache.org/guide/#download
Does it behave the same? At least it does for me.