perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: new functionality added
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:09:20 GMT
Philip Mak wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 02:41:10AM +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>Here is the new version of the site:
>>http://www.apache.org/~stas/modperl-site/index.html
>>

> One thing I noticed on this page:
>
> http://www.apache.org/~stas/modperl-site/stories/index.html
>
> The "Extraordinaire Technologie" menu option is clickable and just
> leads back to the exact same page. I think that in this sort of case,
> it should not be clickable in order to avoid confusion.

Good catch, will be fixed.

> On my sites (using Apache::ASP), I do <my:a href> instead of <a href>,
> where &my::a is a function that checks whether the href attribute is
> linking to the same URL as the current page; if it is, then it doesn't
> print the <a href> tag.
>
> Also on that page, the part that says "By Lincoln Stein, Doug
> MacEachern" (under the "Writing Apache Modules with Perl and C")
> overflows the white area. See attached screenshot. This is in Opera
> 6.0 under Windows 98.

Ouch, shouldn't it wrap the text??? Dear design gurus, what's wrong with
this particular bug?

Thanks Philip.

BTW, did you try to grabbing any of the PDF files? (Look for [PDF] links
  under the Table of Contents section (not the fancy icons, didn't
integrate these yet). Does it display the doc immediately, or do you
have to save it first, ungzip and then view? I think I used to be able
to click on pdf.gz link and get it immediately viewed, for some reason
this doesn't work anymore. Anyone?