perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Wim Kerkhoff <...@merilus.com>
Subject Re: a new design from Allan
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:16:12 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

> Allan has troubles again with Internet connectivity, so here is his new
> design and comments:
> http://www.apache.org/~stas/preview/allan_24_1/

> From: allan <lambretta@inet.uni2.dk>
>
> what is new?
> maybe too much, but it still resembles thomas' original
> design and ideas i think.

This is my first post to docs-dev... I've been lurking, following
discussions, and looking at the various iterations of the designs.

Allan's latest is looking VERY sweet. It renders very well (and quite
fast) in NS 4.77. The only differences I can tell from mozilla are:

 1. The search box on top is inside of a little table... because the NS
4.x widgets are so klunky, it's stretching that little table. So it
looks not as clean as under Mozilla.

 2. Mozilla is showing a thin black line around the light tan background
of the meat of the page. NS 4.x isn't showing this separator... without
the separator, it is really hard to see the difference between the white
background of the page, and the yellowish bg of the content.

--

Regards,

Wim Kerkhoff, Software Engineer
Merilus, Inc.  -|- http://www.merilus.com