perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: using a solid bg image preview
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:20:04 GMT
allan wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>The second issue is the css syntax. I read that some browsers don't
>>understand 'background-image' tag, but do understand 'background'. So
>>should I provide both? Of course I've kept the 'background-color' in
>>case the images are disabled.
>>

> do you mean understand in a css-way or html-way.

css way, I think it'd be the best to have no special markup in HTML, but
to let CSS handle everything. I wonder though, what happens if CSS is
turned off in some graphic browsers (not talking about text browsers
like lynx).

> most browsers understand the html:
>

> besides for best results i _think_ that this:
>
> background-color: #000066;
> background-image: url(images/bg.jpg);
> background: url(images/bg.jpg);
>
> should be:
>
> background-image: url(images/bg.jpg);
> background: url(images/bg.jpg);
> background-color: #000066;

it seemed to work for mozilla, but you are probably right, it's better
to have the color last, just in case...