perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: how the latest site's cvs looks like (NOW: ad-area)
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 04:19:06 GMT
allan wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:

> +1
> only having the same books in the ad-area will certainly
> tire my eyes in the long run and in a way it will seem like
> a waste of space.
> couldn't we have some sort of random quick-tips or maybe
> random qoutes from the guide that links directly inside the
> guide in that ad-area instead of only the books. its more
> work of course but i can help trying to put myself into a
> first-time-users eyes and imagining what he'd like to see.
> just a thought.

1. the area under the menu bar is too narrow/small for having tips.

2. I was thinking about having only one book ad/page, and having it
randomized at the build time. So you get a different ad on different
pages. Of course they will be the same when you come back to the same
page, but they will change every time the site gets updated.

since the site is completely static, we cannot serve real random ads.
Not that we plan on running any ads at all other than mod_perl books.