perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject using higly contrasting bg/fg for the page?
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2002 10:18:22 GMT
I feel back like the old days when I was doing coding, design and what
not, when I've tried to learn from everything I saw, making my browsing
experience more scrutinizing what I see rather than doing it the
end-user way. I've a friend who is into video production, so it's
impossible to watch with him anything on TV, since he always comments on
fade-ins and fade-outs and other stuff that 99.999999% don't care about :)

So I'm back to mode where the sites I visit I see if I like their design
and usability and try to think what we could better. To make the long
story short, I've read an interview with Brian Behlendorf, but then I
realized that the page is loaded with many widgets though they didn't
take me out of focus. I believe this is due to the contrasting back and
foregrounds used by the page designers. Do you agree with me that if we
put our new site and this site next to each other, the stories on this
site are easier to read?
http://www.linux.com/develop/newsitem.phtml?sid=93&aid=12490%0D