perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: prev/next widget, new version
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 17:13:53 GMT
Thomas,

> I did some work on the prev/next widget, you can take a look at it at the
> usual adress:
>
> http://domm.zsi.at/modperl-site-domm/meta.html

what happened to styles 4-7? IMHO, the inversed shaded headers are very
hard to read.

> I also did some minor changes on other parts:
> * style definition for pre-tags

-1

boxes make the page to noisy, you've picked the right page (writing
tests), if you try to read it and scroll it's not a pleasant experience.

How about using same very light shade of grey and no framed box?

> * light grey background for h2 and h3

as I've mentioned above, the first impression is not very good. I guess
you get used to things when you read for a long time. But I think the
plain B&W looks better. My original idea to make the headers standout
was aimed at making a visual separation between chunkes of text and make
the beginning of each chunk (header) look a little bit different.

Is there anything wrong with just using a different color, like the
/guide has now?

or can we try a much lighter bg with what you've now?

Also remember that we are going to support h1-h4 (I almost have it
working), so the CSS should probably set it for h3 and h4 too.

> * first try at the download widget

+1, great!

probably better to have the icons of the same size. And also to make
things obvious a small font header 'Download' will make things easier
for newcomers.

> You can see all changes e.g. here:
> http://domm.zsi.at/modperl-site-domm/style1/docs/devel/writing_tests/writing_tests.html
>
> (remember to change style1 to style2 or style3 for other prev/next/widget
> designs)

You've also see you have the tmpl dir online, can I grab it and put into
cvs?