perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Moseley <mose...@hank.org>
Subject RE: [ANNOUNCE] mod_perl logos...
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:23:36 GMT
At 04:10 PM 01/29/02 -0000, Jonathan M. Hollin wrote:
>It is tough - it's such an abstract concept.  I'm still playing around
>with a design myself (brace yourself for my submission) and I'm torn
>between doing something completely new (dynamic, vibrant, etc) or using
>existing design cues like the eagle, feather, camel...

Go crazy.  People have been struggling with the feather camel thing for a
while.  How bout Two large letters that looks like they are made from stone
"MP" with a leopard sitting on top?  Or lightening bolt with a wrench, or a
shooting star, or what ever comes to mind.

Then for fun the logos can be delivered based on IP, so people will say "I
like that new logo" and be looking at different things. ;)

>:: Can you put them all on a single page along with the other
>:: two logo designs?
>
>I could indeed - er, what other two logos?

The two that have been on the mod_perl dev examples lately.  Were there
more than two?

>So do I!  Damn and blast it, it's running on a Windows box...

I think it might be your upstream provider, as sometimes traceroutes fail,
too.

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org