perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Moseley <mose...@hank.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] mod_perl logos...
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:32:07 GMT
At 11:05 AM 1/29/2002 -0000, Jonathan M. Hollin wrote:
>:: I have 7 new logo graphics available at this time.  I'll put
>:: them on the web and post the details here.  Sorry - I
>:: completely forgot about the icons!  :-(

My quick opinion is 2 - 1 - 7

2 for the looks and I can imagine a nice color scheme with it on the site,
and it fitting into a banner, if we use one.
1 not sure why, looks fun and nice mascot
7 show's more power, I guess.

I think the camel and feather (and even the word "mod_perl") is a tough
combination to work with.  (I mentioned it to a friend that does CD cover
artwork for bootleg CDs over a beer and he wanted to do a camel riding a
moped with a feather in its hat ;)  Really, it would be fun to explain to a
graphic designer what mod_perl *is*, but don't tell them anything about the
existing icons.

Can you put them all on a single page along with the other two logo designs?

Thanks very much.  And thanks to your designer!

BTW -- I often find it hard to connect to your site.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org