perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Mak <p...@animeglobe.com>
Subject Re: new functionality added
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:02:30 GMT
On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 03:09:20AM +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> BTW, did you try to grabbing any of the PDF files? (Look for [PDF] links
>  under the Table of Contents section (not the fancy icons, didn't
> integrate these yet). Does it display the doc immediately, or do you
> have to save it first, ungzip and then view? I think I used to be able
> to click on pdf.gz link and get it immediately viewed, for some reason
> this doesn't work anymore. Anyone?

I just tried the PDF link from
http://www.apache.org/~stas/modperl-site/index.html in Opera 6.0 under
Windows 98. Acrobat Reader opens up automatically, but then it says:

There was an error opening this document. File does not begin with
'%PDF-'.

I'm guessing that Acrobat Reader was called correctly, but it was
given the .pdf.gz instead of the .pdf.