perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Klausner <d...@zsi.at>
Subject Re: prev - up - next widget
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 20:57:02 GMT
Hi!

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 11:11:20PM +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> > firstly i dont find it very intuitive. (it is the first time i see it)
> > like the arrow pointing back reminds me of the back button in many browers so
> > to me that would point one point back in my history list. likewise with arrow
> > forward.
Hm. I stole the arrows from your design. They are exactly the same.

> I don't see problems with keeping < and > icons. They show which is the
> previous document and which is the next. No conflict with back and
> forward buttons in the browser. Though I do prefer them to be at the far
> edges rather than in the center.
I thought it would be a nice idea to put the arrows in the middle. IMO it
makes for a compact nav item in the middle of the page, complemented by the
titles of the prev and next item.

> > secondly IMO it does not _look_ good. i hate to sound egominded but i really
> > much prefer 'my own' suggestion because the whole widget is boxed. one of the
I like your idea, but I don't like the implementation (IMO some nasty table
hacks). And I don't know if it looks nice when there are line brakes in the
title of the prev/next item.

But maybe I/we can merge our ideas somehow to produce a boxed widget (BTW,
style2 /is/ boxed, although (at least on Mozilla) the box extends over the
whole page width) that looks nice.

> are useful. We are moving very close to the release stage and can adjust
> things later. Or we'll never finish discussing things.
+1

--
 D_OMM      +---->  http://domm.zsi.at <-----+
 O_xyderkes |       neu:  Arbeitsplatz       |