perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From "Jonathan M. Hollin" <netmas...@digital-word.com>
Subject RE: using higly contrasting bg/fg for the page?
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 11:58:28 GMT
:: >http://www.linux.com/develop/newsitem.phtml?sid=93&aid=12490%0D

:: Which part?  The dark (black to gray) background with the
:: content boxes makes the page look like a desktop, I guess,
:: which makes it a familiar look.  They use the trick of
:: dropping the main content down, and the content section is
:: the focus.  I like it since it really separates the items on
:: the page.  Seems like a reasonably common design.  They use
:: lots of "air" on their pages.
::
:: If you mean the links at the top and bottom, then those are
:: also nice and clean.  I like that.  They use muted colors
:: and simple texts links, which are nice.  Most people don't
:: need the links to scream at them to be able to realize they
:: are links, so the simple link layout is nice.

Bill your summary is right on the nail.

+1

Jonathan M. Hollin - WYPUG Co-ordinator
West Yorkshire Perl User Group