perl-docs-dev mailing list archives

From "Jonathan M. Hollin" <netmas...@digital-word.com>
Subject RE: [ANNOUNCE] mod_perl logos...
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:10:35 GMT
:: My quick opinion is 2 - 1 - 7

Actually, I'm not looking for votes at this point.  I was hoping this
would encourage further submissions.

:: I think the camel and feather (and even the word "mod_perl")
:: is a tough combination to work with.  (I mentioned it to a
:: friend that does CD cover artwork for bootleg CDs over a
:: beer and he wanted to do a camel riding a moped with a
:: feather in its hat ;)  Really, it would be fun to explain to
:: a graphic designer what mod_perl *is*, but don't tell them
:: anything about the existing icons.

It is tough - it's such an abstract concept.  I'm still playing around
with a design myself (brace yourself for my submission) and I'm torn
between doing something completely new (dynamic, vibrant, etc) or using
existing design cues like the eagle, feather, camel...

:: Can you put them all on a single page along with the other
:: two logo designs?

I could indeed - er, what other two logos?

:: Thanks very much.  And thanks to your designer!

:-)

:: BTW -- I often find it hard to connect to your site.

So do I!  Damn and blast it, it's running on a Windows box...  There,
I've confessed.  It's just not stable at all, and I'm forever having to
reset Apache.  The doc's are right, Apache + Windows should NEVER be
used on a production server.  Truth is, I'm not even sure where the
problems lie - is it Apache, Windows or my own software?  Unfortunately,
I know f&*k all about *nix, so my options are limited.  So, if anyone is
able to donate hosting space and little bandwidth on a *nix box, please,
please let me know.  :-(

Jonathan M. Hollin - WYPUG Co-ordinator
West Yorkshire Perl User Group
http://wypug.pm.org/